111

Saturday 18 July 2020

Prerequisite courses for dental school not in my major? HELP!?  

Prerequisite courses for dental school not in my major? HELP!?  

answers 0:So my major is Civil Engineering. I start this fall but the courses in this major do not have the prerequisite courses for dental school. How do I take those prerequisite courses? Do I just add more classes or add Biology as a minor?answers 1:Do NOT add Bio as a minor. Take the pre-reqs as electives and have very close to a 4.0 GPA in them. The pre--professional adviser at the college ought to be able to get you into the pre-req courses. BTW - med school and DDS-school admissions committees love Engineering majors.answers 2:So? Plenty of pre-meds major in something unrelated to the sciences. You should have plenty of electives available to you. Use them to take your dental pre-reqs.At my university, everyone had to earn 36 credits, 1 credit per class. My major required 12 courses, plus I had to take at least 9 classes in each of the! three categories into which my major didn't fall. (My major was a humanities field, so I had to take those courses in language and literature, social sciences, and hard sciences/math).That left me with 15 electives to play with. If I'd been pre-med, I could have used some of hard science and math classes for those and used my electives to get the rest out of the way....

No comments:

Post a Comment