111

Sunday 19 April 2020

Motorcycle as only means of transportation in California?

Olen Penhallurick: It is either too hot or you are running late and want to eat a breakfast burrito on the way to school and there is no place for your starbucks. Other than that it is great to commute in many parts of California. Southern California can get too hot and Northern California can get too wet...but you are young. You can handle it.

Tyler Burkman: Californa is a BIG LONG state, it rains and snows at lot in the Northern Half and when it rains in the Southern Half you just do NOT want to be on the road with other drivers, they're bad enough when the sun is shining!I did my four years of college with a bicycle, a motorcycle and a very undependable pick-up truck. That was 40-something years ago in SoCal, and THINGS have changed. Twice to three X more idiots and at least that number of AHs. Would I do it again? Bet not....Show more

Barton Slisz: I live in California and went to college here, and I got around on a bike. Today I consider my two motorc! ycles my default personal transportation. I have a car, but I use it only when I need to carry something big or when it rains. Riding in the rain is possible and fairly safe, but you spend a lot of time getting in and out of rainsuit, booties, and glove coversAnd that was in Northern California where it rains only seldom. In SoCal it rains less!So yes, you could do it. It would be nicer, also cheaper, also healthier, to live within bicycle distance of school!...Show more

Troy Staton: I ride every day that I can, to and from work, and my biggest battle is rain. If I go prepared, I have a high quality rain coat, and a full face helmet to block the rain. But sometimes it is inconvenient. If I could figure a way, I would have a back up vehicle available. What about dates? I would prefer girls that would ride, but hauling one around in the rain may not work. Groceries.....etc....it obviously can be done. I would find a place local to store my Altima! And ride m! y butt off in California!...Show more

No comments:

Post a Comment