111

Wednesday 8 April 2020

Is there a Dental Hygienist?  

Is there a Dental Hygienist?  

answers 0:HI!I am in college and I am thinking of majoring as a Dental Hygienist with my Associate's Degree. I only want to ask anybody with dental experience or if there is a Dental Hygienist, I will highly value your advice, i need to know what the salary usually is, how is it when working with different people when doing procedures. Pretty much the basic things. Where I am working it is not a dental environment and therefore I cant grasp the perspective of it. Please if there is a Dental Hygienist that can give me some experience information I would appreciate it with all respect!Thank You, God Bless...Show moreanswers 1:Well right now with the recession hygiene jobs are NOT plentiful. Dentists do not like to hire new grads so dont plan on being able to find a full time job in hygiene. Also I discovered that most den! tists do not offer any benefits (no sick days, no vacation days, buy your own uniforms, and not even any health insurance).The hygiene program is hard to get into so you cant just switch your major. You have to apply and it could take years to get into. Nursing is the same way but a nursing career has more jobs than hygiene....answers 2:I love being a Dental Hygienist (most of the time!) Some patients that you will work on are great and others can be difficult. You had better not mind the site of blood though, since a lot of people do not floss.The best thing that you can do is ask your personal Dentist's office if you can come in to observe the Hygienists since that's what you're thinking of doing. If you don't have a Dentist (you should!) then call a few offices around your area to ask. The program that I went through wanted me to have 6 hours of observation with a Hygienist to even apply to the program. Most colleges will want you to get a form from them to have documen! tation of your hours spent. You''ll want to bring that with yo! u to the office if the college requires it so that the Hygienist can fill it out for you and sign it.That's a great way to see what the job entails and get a different perspective.As for salaries, that really depends on where you live. City vs suburb, small/big towns etc. Go on a site like salaries.com and see what ranges they give. The economy and too many schools putting out Grads is making the job market a bit difficult now but I'm sure its like that for lots of careers. Best of luck to you! :)...

No comments:

Post a Comment