111

Tuesday 11 February 2020

Who is your favourite author?

answers1:In my opinion, no. Unless you want an 8 year old reading
about sex and stuff I wouldn't let her. In my opinion some answers
here are given because they like the book but just because they like
the book it doesn't mean you should.
answers2:Tolkien- LOTR, Hobbit Terry Goodkind- Sword of reality
sequence JK Rowling- Harry Potter (of direction) Chris Paolini-
Inheritance Cycle Cormac McCarthy- the line Garth Nix- Aborhorsen
Trilogy
answers3:Noo. Not appropiate.This book has alot of lust in it.And she
shouldnt be getting into that at 8.Try introducing her to some other
great seriesBy the way, thats impressive, for an 8 year old girl to
read like that.my brothers 10, and can only read books like Junie B
Jones....Show more
answers4:I think you vastly over-estimate her reading level. Does she
read and understand the daily paper, because that is only considered
to be a fifth grade reading level. Claiming she reads at an eighth
grade level is basically claiming she could read any book and
understand it. Is it remotely age appropriate?Since most of Twilight
is focused on an old man getting with a young girl, can you really
expect her to understand any of the sexual content? It is a book
designed to appeal to girls who have recently hit puberty. So shelve
the book and let her read something she'll enjoy.Unless of course she
really is the large-brained 8th grade reader in which case, she'll
doubtlessly find twilight boring and poorly written....Show more
answers5:Twilight is MOST DEFINITELY NOT APPROPRIATE for an 8 year old
!!!!!!!!!!!!Instead she should readHeidiPeter Pan Mary PoppinsDr.
Doolittleanything by Roald Dahlanything by Laura Ingalls WilderThe
Chronicles of NarniaOld YellerThe YearlingCharlotte's Web Stuart
LittleTrumpet of the SwanBetsy-Tacy seriesthe Freddy series by Walter
Brookshttp://booksandmore4kids.googlepages.com...Show more
answers6:james patterson and stephen king
answers7:It sounded cool, but it doesn't really make very much
sense... but if you explained it a little better I'm sure it would be
really good! It's certainly original, and that's important.
answers8:O. Henry (William Sydney Porter) is definitely my favorite
author. But I think his own life story is even more intriguing than
any of the 300+ short stories he wrote in his brief writing career.
This guy has a brain, and a heart. His life ended with "a twist at
the end" just like his stories. The more I find out about him, the
more I'm fascinated by what I find. It would be too long to summarize
in a short paragraph, but if you e-mail me I'll be happy to tell you
more about O. Henry.You can find a short biography and links to many
of his stories at http://www.online-literature.com/o_henry....Show
more
answers9:A girl named Melina can see some visions of her death and
life in her past life. She is much popular with a boyrfriend and lots
of friends. Only one person knows her secret. Melina does not know who
he is. Suddenly, on the intercom in the middle of social studies, "All
teachers bring your gradebooks to the office!" said the principle in a
panicky voice.Everybody knew that was the code for school lockdown.
All the sudden, the lights go off. The girls all scream. Suddenly,
Melina wakes up in gym class. The lights were off, and she was climbed
to the top of the rockclimbing wall. Her science teacher and all
classmates tied to the other wall The story turns into a
sacrefice.Only Melina knows the key to get out. Melina has to use what
she knows from her past life to save her in her current life.what do u
think...Show more
answers10:i relly like jodi picult
answers11:No.Regardless if she can handle the sex, it's not a good
book for any girl to read. It's highly anti-feminist and teaches girls
that it's all right for a guy to stalk you and force you to not see
your friends and run your life. It teaches girls that if your
boyfriend dumps you it's ok to be depressed for months and then
attempt suicide for him. It's just a horrible series....Show more
answers12:gary palsuen king and myers all very good authors
answers13:Twilight isn't a good book.I've only read the first one, but
from what I've heard there's a soft-core sex scene somewhere later in
the series (I'm not sure on that). I wouldn't advise letting her read
for the sole reason of so many higher vocabulary words.
answers14:Will B. Good
answers15:I can't say for sure. Your plot doesn't quite add together.
But I really don't like the whole being popular lots of friends hot
boyfriend thing. Too stereotypical and trite. Too confusing...
answers16:J.K. RowlingShe's my favourite 'coz she wrote the amazing
series of harry Potter which are famous world-wide.Michael
MorpurgoHe's my 2nd favourtie author 'coz of the way he writes, makes
you feel like you're the main character....Show more
answers17:Stephen King - he can turn any normal situation or object
into a very good horror story eg The Green Mile, The Stand and Cell
answers18:Very confusing to me. I am not sure either. Pax-C
answers19:I am going to be writing a paper about her and her works and
I wanted to know if there were two certain novels that have the same
focuses or themes.
answers20:STEPHANIE MEYER!she wrote the twilight saga.twilight, new
moon, eclipse, and breaking dawni absolutely love the books.you should
read them.
answers21:no way. twilight is made for teenagers and tweens. not for 8
year olds. I think it is way too mature for her. i loved the series
when i read it, but wait until she is about 11-ish
answers22:Hi !Philip K. Dick is a favored writer
;http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philip_K._Dick"Philip Kindred Dick
(December 16, 1928 – March 2, 1982) was an American science fiction
novelist and short story writer. Dick explored sociological, political
and metaphysical themes in novels dominated by monopolistic
corporations, authoritarian governments, and altered states. In his
later works, Dick's thematic focus strongly reflected his personal
interest in metaphysics and theology. He often drew upon his own life
experiences and addressed the nature of drug use, paranoia and
schizophrenia, and mystical experiences in novels such as A Scanner
Darkly and VALIS."Many of his books and stories have been adapted into
film , e.g. Blade Runner , Total Recall , The Minority Report and A
Scanner Darkly .=^,,^=...Show more
answers23:I would not let my eight year old read it, so no, this I
believe is not for age, even if she can read it. I just think she
could try other books, if she has not read Harry Potter, maybe start
there. I would let mine read these, but as he has Dyslexia he can't
read much, anyway even my ten year old daughter I would not allow to
read, not until I had read them.I have seen the film but not read the
book yet....Show more
answers24:It's an excellent story line. I would recommend having lots
of details in your book because it could end up sounding confusing.
It sounds like it could be some sort of horror movie.Happy writing!
answers25:Lian Hearn :)
answers26:i think she should wait a few years. This book is intended
for teenagers, and I think your sister is still a little too young.
Wait a few years, and then you can give it to her. There is sex in the
books
answers27:WOW! you're the first person i've met who's favourite author
is also Charles Dickens, ever since i read a tale of two cities in
grade 6 i've loved his work. While A Christmas Carol is far from his
best his novel "great expectations" is one of the greatest books i've
ever read. He has a beautiful writing style and touches on subjects
that are deeper and hold more meaning than they appear.
answers28:kind of confusing plot. Don't know where you would go with it..
answers29:That sounds really cool!
answers30:Stephen King
answers31:there are only 5 other students form her class there. her
and melina's boyfriend were tied together..
answers32:That's very confusing, and there's a lot of conflicts that
are not related (Melina seeing visions, someone knows her secret and
she doesn't know who it is, she's tied to the wall). And you should
check your spelling and grammar. It's confusing, and I'm not sure if
it's interesting enough; I wouldn't want to read it.
answers33:Frequent topics in her work include rural poverty, sexual
abuse, class tensions, desire for power, female childhood and
adolescence, and occasionally the supernatural. Violence is a constant
in her work,Oates has also written under the pseudonyms "Rosamond
Smith" and "Lauren Kelly."I would suggest that the pseudonymous books
will be very similar...Show more
answers34:I dont know if i have an absolute favorite, but Agatha
Christie is an excellent mystery novel writer. I love "And Then There
Were None."If you want to go for light-hearted funny, memoir style, I
like reading David Sedaris books.
answers35:Soup had it coated by ability of the time I have been given
right here. yet Amazon is often the positioning to circulate to in
case you like tips approximately it a e book. Books are their
corporation, the two them or Barnes & Nobles.
answers36:im not much of a reader but i guess i would have to say
paulina simonsi really dont read but i picked up one of her books and
was totally interested in it and just wanted to keep reading
answers37:Without a doubt, my favorite author is God.But since you're
obviously meaning people who have lived on Earth, I would definitely
have to say Brian Jacques.His Redwall series has had me mesmerized
since I was about 11 or 12 years old, and I recommend his books to
anyone who is even remotely interested in fantasy literature. ...Show
more
answers38:Scott Westerfeld
answers39:also, NOT THE GYM CLIBING WALL!!!!a room theyve never been
in and there is an isle with a gothic theme
answers40:James Lee BurkeAuthor of the bestselling Dave Robicheaux
series of mystery/thrillers and the proud recipient of two Edgar
Awards!James Lee Burke's website: http://www.jamesleeburke.com...Show
more
answers41:James Herbert,he really knows how to write scary stories.
answers42:I do have one! I've never been really good with favorite.
Just can't pick what I really like, I guess. But I do like J.K.
Rowling, and Meg Cabot, I like the way Tamora Pierece wrotes too.
answers43:I'd say J.K. Rowling but she's taken. Stephenie Meyer's
taken, too.So C.S.Lewis is mine, because he wrote The Chronicles of
Narnia, and that book is still the best with breathtaking words...
Even for a grownup like me - very childish, maybe.He's dead, but he's
a good friend of J.R.R. Tolkien!...Show more
answers44:Let her read whatever the hell she wants. She's going to be
exposed to everything eventually, anyway. It's best she does this on
her own terms whilst reading than by other methods. It's good for her
to read, at any rate, even if it IS Twilight. And, as for the book
being "too mature" for her, the sooner she reads and gets tired of
teen-angst topics, the better.
answers45:Kurt Vonnegut. He has those moments in those books where he
seems to tears the entire story down and show a deeply personal and
emotional moment with the reader. The end of Breakfast of Champions
nearly made me shed a tear.
answers46:My 8 year old sister wants to read the twilight series, I
told her to wait a little a year or two, but of course she had to
argue. She wants a second opion. She reads and comprehends like an
average 8th grader would, but I am not sure if that would mean
anything. I think the book is too mature for her, but please tell me
what you think

No comments:

Post a Comment