111

Monday 17 February 2020

History degree vs psychology degree?

Ezekiel Kadner: History or psychology? Which major is more useful?

Rheba Cockman: history degree is harder to get the job than psychology. there are too many people who like history and good at it. but psychology is something that combined with statistics, mathematics, etc. so choosing psychology is the best deal I think. I understand your passion but passion don't get the job...Show more

Barrett Zheng: Honestly it depends ok what you want to be. I changed my major from history to political science because I was mistakenly placed as that. Now I'm a political science major with a double minor in Pre-Law and Philosophy. I want to be a lawyer and I was told that my major doesn't matter but to take a ton of writing intensive classes and some public speaking and communications classes. All in all it really depends on what YOU want to be. But a history major has a broad field of work where as a psychology major has a more confined major. Although a psychology major ! Is likely to make more money in the long run depending in their occupation....Show more

Kandi Lough: I recently got a 2:1 in my Psychology degree and I am going to start graduate work in September. My cousin got a 1st class History degree and he has been working in tescos since he graduated a year ago. We have the same work experience (we did it together). I would agree it is easier to get a job with a Psychology degree. Although I do have better A levels and GCSEs.But, it is always great to study something you are passionate about. Is there any way you can do combined honours and study both? Getting a job can come down to other factors such as attitude and personality also....Show more

No comments:

Post a Comment