111

Thursday 21 May 2020

Five Day Preschool for 4 year olds?

Ilana Gaster: I would consider sending my 4 year old daughter, to a 5 days a week preschool, 1/2 day, but it depends on the price, and the location and what would the schedule consist of. Is it more like a daycare, or is there equal amounts of activities to keep them busy and learn as well.?

Raul Tllo: Our school corporation has a pre-K program for four year olds. My grandson goes five days a week 8:30am to 2:00 pm. He loves school and is getting a great start thanks to this program.

Newton Fedorko: I think most 4 year olds are quite well adapted to preschool. They seem to fit in much better than 3 year olds, anyway.I taught in Nursery for a while, where some children were 3 and some were 4. In my personal opinion, 3 is too young to be in formal education but 4 is ok, as long as the teachers aren't expecting pieces of writing etc from them....Show more

Jodie Capella: I agree with the earlier answerer. Money is very dependent upon the area in which you! live. Also you may want to check with your licensing agents to see if there are increased requirements in facilities to run five day programs. Make a call to your insurance agent to adjust the coverage accordingly.

Rayford Latz: Parents appreciate and will pay for high quality care: care that supports the child's holistic development. Emotional development must be viewed as the foundation to all other domains of development; it plays a significant role in human learning and behaviour. Every child is unique and therefore should be given the opportunity to settle at their own pace;attachment theory will give you a more practical view of how provisions should be made available to parents and children. Flexibility should be viewed as a period were staff can get to know and build a good working relationship with child & family. A happy child is a happy parent....Show more

Lyndon Mattas: I'm also in this process of expanding my program. The children that are in my! care (family child care) are reaching preschool age and my yo! ungest child is ready for "preschool". (Unfortunately we do not have very many quality preschools around here). So I talked with my parents about 5 day- 4hr/s a day preschool It was a hit! Even with my part timers. They said absolutely for the one child and came back and asked if I would take their older daughter who was in Head Start 4 days a week. I would have done this with my eldest son if that was an option. The benefits is that one can really build on past experiences and participate in projects that take a week to finish. Such great learning can take place! Since it's a "pilot program" I'm charging a flat rate of $55/wk. That evens out to about $2.75/hr. Considering that most child care here is at a rate of $2.00-$2.50/hr and the preschool programs are about $2.50/hr when broken out. I think it's fair. However, the parents know that it may raise next year depending on how the cost go for this years group. When you are doing "preschool" five days a week ! there is more cost in material. Hope that helps out!...Show more

Antone Bual: I think 5 days is better. It gets children more into a routine, which they thrive in.As far as cost, the best way to figure that out is call around schools, as if you are an interested parent, and ask their tuition. Prices will vary based upon location.Matt...Show more

Lizzette Wendroth: I'm in Nova Scotia, Canada....My 4 year old goes to preschool - costs about $27 per day, 5 full days a week, including lunch and snacks - so about $550 to $600 per month depending on how many workdays in the month. This is roughly my mortgage payment! There are 25 kids aged 4-5 with 4 teachers, all with Early Childhood Education university degrees.We are thrilled with the school - though it is pricey. There are subsidized rates for low-income parents as well - I think that the subsidized rate is as low as $25 per week.... not sure....Show more

Lyndon Mattas: I live in Georgia and my four year ! old goes to Pre-school. Our Govenor made it free, all the lotto funds p! ay for it and I am thankful. Because it does help children learn. It is also five days a week and runs along with the shool district calendar.

Boyce Gilhooly: our four year olds go three mornings a week and they pay $95 a month - so figure that out how much it would be to send five days a week. Are you talking full days including lunch or half days? half days is enough for this age unless you are thinking daycare for the rest of the time where they can have lunch and rest.

Clare Hoard: I teach a five day pre-k class. Most of the students come from 8:45 to 3:15 each day. Some come only from 8:45 to 11:45. I think it all depends on the child. The children we have are thriving in the program. Several could not write their name but now do. This is a structured schedule but with open ended learning projects. Our school also has a class where the children can come three days or four days. They are also four. These options leave room for what the parent wants for the! ir child and also for what each child is actually ready for. I think it is good to have several options especially for the four year old students. Tuition is around 400 a month for the full day five day a week class. The children bring their own lunch and we have twenty children with three teachers....Show more

Felicitas Phildor: I was an instructional aide for a pre-school. I worked with special education children and we went 5 days a week. It wasn't all day. The best thing ever, was that we actually enrolled 4 regular pre-school students to be with us for the year. These were the children who were on a waiting list and wouldn't have been able to get into the regular classes. It was wonderful. The thing we stipulated was that a parent had to spend the day with us also. I really miss being there. I worked at the VIP Village in the South Union School District in Imperial Beach, Ca....Show more

Lawana Neemann: My 4 year old attends preschool 5 days a week ! and we pay $550/month! Yikes...pretty expensive.Yes, our preschool ser! ves breakfast and lunch. It is wonderful. They can get my picky daughter to eat a good variety of foods. :)

Lupe Sancen: We have a 3 day a week morning program for our 4 year olds 1/2 day only. We currently meet on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays but we are thinking about offering a 5 day, 1/2 day program.

Gregg Hagge: yes

No comments:

Post a Comment