111

Monday 24 August 2020

Does a person on medicare or it might be medicade have dental and eye insurance?  

Does a person on medicare or it might be medicade have dental and eye insurance?  

answers 0:I just asked another question for my neighbor who doesn't use a computer. He might end up on disability and they told him medicare or medicaid I can't remember which. He will be 62 in April and has worked hard his whole life and is worn out now. Always did hard labor and is not able to keep up anymore. So lost job and now just does work on his own but not making enough money and has no health insurance and has diabetes. Will he get dental and eye care cause he really needs that too? thank you!...Show moreanswers 1:My SS covered my eye examination, but does not cover dental. I paid my deductible of $45.00. I took the Part D of my Medicare through an independent company, and I can choose whether it covers dental, medication, or pays more on a hospital room. Medicaid varies by states, and is for people who do not have eno! ugh income per month.answers 2:Medicare and Medicaid don't cover eye exams for new glasses and things like that, or for a visit to the dentist for cleaning, implants or fillings, etc.It will cover a trip to an eye doctor if you have an ailment, like a detached retina or an infection. It might pay for dental if you developed an infection that needs to be treated with antibiotic.When he is 62 he can apply for his social security, but he can't get medicare until he is 65 years old.If he files for disability and is approved, he may also be eligible for Medicaid....answers 3:Below is a medicare website you can check it out for what they covered and don't..I know for a fact they do not cover dental or dentures..if he is very low income he can apply for medicaid through his county..hope this helps..=)answers 4:Medicare covers one eye exam a year and cataract removal plus a pair of eyeglasses with basic frames that might be required after the cataract surgery. Medicaid is a differ! ent thing altogether and varies from state to state. If he's n! ot yet 62 he should apply for disability if he has the medical proof to substantiate it. If he's approved, this will carry him through til age 65 when he'll be able to draw maximum SS benefits plus some of the state benefits where allowed. He must apply ASAP as this process usually takes some time. A lawyer that specializes in this sort of thing could expedite his case....answers 5:The states I am familiar with, medicaid does provide for dental and vision care. with dental, one will get the least expensive workable solution, ie, one would get a partial denture when a bridge would be preferable, but too costly.answers 6:If your neighbor is going to receive SSDI which is permanent disability, after 2 years from his disabiilty date he can enroll in Medicare even if he is under 65.If he is applying for SSI which is welfare disability, he may be qualified for Medicaid for disabiilty if his income is low enough.Medicaid does not cover adult dental in most states but it does offer! one eye exam and glasses every 2 years.Medicare does not offer dental unless he chooses an Advantage plan with an outside dental practice but not all states offer that. Medicare does not cover any eye exam or glasses, only opthalmology for eye problems.He can find a clinic run by the county and be charged pretty low fee to see a doctor. Some clinics also have dental for low income people. Also, some dental schools have low cost dental....answers 7:So far My Mom gets nothing! Not sure why oh maybe she will get medical but not for the teeth thing in Tulare County I wonder why or why not? hm? And she does need her teeth checked out!answers 8:A couple of links that may help to answer your question. http://www.medicare.gov/coverage/Search/Results.as...http://www.medicaid.gov/Medicaid-CHIP-Program-Info......answers 9:Try finding a dentist who will take Medicaid. Medicare does not cover dental among a host of many other things.answers 10:Here is what I know about this subject...I! live in California and I am not yet 62. When I turn 62, I can apply f! or early retirement benefits and be locked into the lowest amount for the rest of my days on this earth. I cannot get Medicare until I reach the age of 65. This means that I will have 3 years (age62-65) with NO medical coverage whatsoever! I currently am disabled and receive Medicaid, referred to as "Medi-Cal" in my state of California.I was once on SSDI disability and switched to straight SSI without my knowledge a few years ago. I get the max federal payment with a small stipend payment added to my monthly check....this makes me ineligible to receive food stamps in my state. I became eligible to get into senior housing at the age of 55 in my state. Soon these reduced rate living spaces with all be non-smoking facilities. Then and only then can I consider living in one of them.We have LIMITED dental (pulling teeth) if you can locate a Dentist who will accept a Medi-Cal card.We also have LIMITED vision care. One exam every 5 years, one pair of eyeglasses

No comments:

Post a Comment